It has been a while since I have written. I know some of my followers don’t live locally, but there might be some folks out there in the neighborhood, who will read this and who are still stressing out about where to send their kids to kindergarten next year. Don’t overlook the gem in your backyard. You can’t really judge a school until you come visit and see for yourself.
So, I am cutting and pasting the notice for our upcoming tours – one of which is TOMORROW! Please spread the word!
KINDER TOURS 2013
Would you like to join us on a Carthay Center Elementary School Tour?
Please try to find a time/date that works for you. These are the ONLY tour dates of 2013!
Thursday, March 14 @ 8:45 am
Friday, April 5 @ 8:45 am
These are the only Tour opportunities at Carthay Center School. If you are unable to make one of the dates listed above, there will be no other chances for a School Tour. We hope you can join us!
Carthay Center Elementary School has classes for children in grades Kinder – 6th, and also has a free Pre-K program for 4 year olds.
For prospective Carthay families:
RSVPs are required. You must RSVP if you want to be notified of any changes in time and date (although we do not expect to make changes, if there is an urgent reason to do so, we will make necessary changes and notify all those who RSVP’d).
Please RSVP as soon as possible to SUSAN NICKERSON via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will meet our wonderful Principal, Ms. Calhoun, and tour the school campus (garden, Kindergarten playground, computer lab, library, etc) and briefly visit at least one Kindergarten classroom and another grade level classroom to observe while class is in session.
Allow approximately 90-120 minutes for the tour.
Did you know that Carthay Center’s API score is 816?
What Are a Few of Our Favorite Things at Carthay Center Elementary School?
- Garden Science Program: project based learning in our award winning Garden of Possibilities
- Salad Bar – healthy dining with fresh greens
- PE Program: parent-funded with PE coaches
- CDI Dance: A wonderful dance program & year-end performance at the Ebell Theater
- Young StoryTellers: Professional TV & feature film writers guide our students through the screenplay process, culminating in The Big Show with celebrity actors!
- Field Trip destinations within walking distance (LACMA, Page Museum & Tarpits, Peterson Museum, Zimmer Museum, etc.)
- A beautiful campus – Historic architecture and a huge open playground
- Chickens in the Garden of Possibilities Chicken Coop
- Recycling/compostng “Sustainable Schools” pilot program
- Amazing & energetic Principal, Ms. Calhoun
- Creative & Committed Teachers
- Dedicated Staff